Transform your space with beautiful Porta Contours - available in a range of textured designs
Add Elegance, Texture & Style to Any Room
Inspired by the contours of the Australian landscape, Porta Contours add natural warmth, texture and movement to any residential or commercial space. Perfect as a feature in a kitchen, bedroom, hallway, lounge, or dining room, Porta Contours can also be used to clad cabinetry and doors as well as creating concealed doorways for a seamless finish.
About Porta Contours
- Are suitable for internal vertical and horizontal applications.
- Have been designed for ease of installation with a secret fix tongue and groove connection.
- Are suitable for curves down to a 1000mm radius. For tighter curves, down to a 500mm radius, Porta can supply matching corner beads for select profiles.
- Can be used in conjunction with any other Contours profile to create a unique design.
Before You Start
Before you get started, work out how much material you will need. Measure the length of the wall and divide by the cover. The cover for all Contours profiles is 78mm, excluding Plateau-39 which is 39mm. We used 2.7m long Contours in the Riverine profile and cut these to 900mm high.
If you have existing skirting boards, you can choose to keep or remove these. You can also choose to add a finishing bead to the top and bottom of the lining boards.
Cut the lining boards to length. Save time and pre-seal the boards on all sides prior to installation. Attach the finishing board to the top of the finishing bead if required.
When starting with your first board, make sure the tongue is facing out as this is where the fixings will be.
As you install the lining boards, check that they are level. Also measure the wall at the top and bottom to ensure they are installed parallel.
If preferred, finish with a capping mould.
For more inspiration on how you can use Porta Timber around you home visit
- Facebook @portatimber
- Instagram @porta_timber
Contact your local Mitre 10 store to order in stock.
ⓒ Mitre 10 Australia Pty. Ltd., All Rights Reserved.
* Discounts apply to most recent previously advertised online price by our Group. Items may have sold below the "was" price in stores prior to this discount offer. Discount is already applied to the online price.
How To Install Contours | Mitre 10
^RRP (recommended Retail Price) of an item is the price at which the manufacturer or wholesaler recommends that we sell that item and is not necessarily its price offered for sale in the market.