FUEL TYPE: GAS
PEOPLE: SERVES 4-6
PREP TIME: 30 MINS
2 tbs olive oil
1 tbs finely grated lemon zest
1 tbs finely grated orange zest
2 tsp finely chopped rosemary
200g haloumi, cut into 1cm-thick slices
2 zucchinis, cut into 1cm-thick slices
1 medium eggplant, cut into 1cm-thick slices
8 baby capsicum
1 large red onion, cut into wedges
8 cherry vine tomatoes
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
8 button mushrooms
1 garlic bulb, halved horizontally
Rosemary sprigs, to garnish
ORANGE HONEY DRESSING
¼ cup (60ml) orange juice
1 tbs olive oil
3 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp honey
¼ tsp ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, crushed
This bright vegetable salad with its fruity citrus dressing is the perfect accompaniment to your Christmas turkey, ham or baked fish. This recipe can be cooked on any BBQ but for optimal results use the new Weber Q. Because there is consistent, even heat across the entire cooking surface the new Weber Q ensures the delicate asparagus and zucchini cook evenly.
1. To make the orange honey dressing, combine all ingredients in a screw top jar. Season with salt.
2. Prepare the new Weber Q for direct cooking over medium-high heat (210°C-250°C).
3. Combine the oil, lemon and orange zest in a small bowl.
4. Place the haloumi, zucchini and eggplant slices and the baby capsicums on a tray or plate. Brush them all over with the oil mixture (reserve remaining oil mixture). Season.
5. Once the new Weber Q has preheated, brush the cooking grills clean with a wire brush. Grill the haloumi, vegetable slices and capsicums over direct medium-high heat, with the lid closed, for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until haloumi is golden brown and vegetables are caramelised and softened.
6. Place onion, tomatoes, asparagus, mushrooms and garlic bulb halves in a large bowl. Add remaining oil mixture and toss to coat. Season.
7. Pour vegetables into a large Weber Q Crafted Grilling Basket and spread into an even layer. Grill over direct medium-high heat, with the lid closed, for about 5 minutes or until caramelised and softened, turning half way through.
8. Transfer haloumi and vegetables to a serving platter. Garnish with rosemary sprigs.
Serve this dish with some chargrilled bread and a fresh leaf salad.
Exact cooking time of the garlic bulb will depend on its size. Insert a sharp-tipped knife into the cloves to check if they are tender. Cook for a little longer if necessary.
For the carnivores in the family, try adding some sliced chorizo to this dish.