Chermoula chicken with coriander yoghurt
Zesty, herbaceous and smokey all at once, this spectacular Middle Eastern recipe is sure to please all palates. Give it a go and we’re sure it’ll become a barbeque favourite.
And it’s not all that hard when you get the right gear from your local Mighty Helpful Mitre 10.
- Weber Q2000
- Gas Bottle
- Weber Family Q Roasting Pack, containing 1 trivet and 2 convection trays
- Grillman 3pc Tool Set, containing BBQ spatula, tongs and grill rake
- 1 x 2kg butterflied chicken
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 preserved lemon quarters, flesh discarded, rind chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 2 long red chillies, stalks removed
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup thick Greek-style yoghurt
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
1. Combine all of the chermoula paste ingredients in a food processor and whiz to a paste. Stuff some of the paste under the skin of the chicken breasts and legs then spread the remaining chermoula paste over the skin. Chill and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat the barbecue over medium high heat. 
3. Remove the chicken from the fridge 30 minutes prior to cooking.
4. Place the chicken on the grill, skin side down, and cook for 10 minutes or until the skin starts to caramelise and char slightly. Turn, reduce the heat to medium low and cook, skin side up, for 35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
5. While the chicken is cooking, mix together all of the coriander yoghurt ingredients.
6. Remove the chicken from the barbecue and leave it to rest for 10 minutes. Carve and enjoy with the coriander yoghurt.
Recipe adapted from original on Weber.com with permission.